Tuesday, September 23, 2008

66-342

Things have been a bit crazy and I haven't been able to update until now. Right after I posted the last entry the internet in Yemen went down. There was no wireless for almost a week. Then when it did come back, it took far too long to upload pictures, so I just didn't update. Sorry. Sometimes it would take me an hour to just upload all the pictures. It was just getting far too time consuming.

Anyway, I think I mentioned in a previous blog that my bedroom is on the 5th floor of a building without an elevator. I walk up 66 steps every time I need to go to my room. I usually make 3-5 trips up the stairs a day. At school my first class is on the third floor and the second class is on the fourth floor. There are 32 steps to the third floor, 48 to the fourth. One day I calculated that I climbed 342 steps. I imagine that's about average.

This is what walking up the stairs to my room looks like.





Life was extremely exciting.

2 comments:

Allison said...

First of all, I would break my foot on purpose so I didn't have to climb stairs all day long. Second... you should send me your phone number (you can e-mail if you want allisonavans@msn.com) and I'll definitely give you a call. You're coming back soon then? Third-don't break your foot on purpose. That was a dumb idea on my part. Fourth, I think it's been about 8 years-maybe 7. I've been gone for 8 and my family has been gone for 6 so six at the least.

Summer and family said...

Wow, I was just reading your blog and catching up, you sound like you are having quite the schooling adventure...and an intense work out too!
: ) Summer