Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yemen and Stuffffff

I realized after I posted my last blog that I didn't actually let anyone know that I am officially back in Salt Lake. I got back on the 20th at about 11:30 pm. From the time my plane took off in Sana'a to the time I landed in Salt Lake it was a total of 32.5 hours of travel. On top of that, my flight left Sana'a at 12:01 am on the 20th, so that means I didn't get any sleep. I woke up on Friday at 10 am and didn't get to bed again until Saturday/Sunday at 2 am. I calculated that out to being 48 hours. Needless to say, I did not make it to my 9 am church Sunday morning. In fact, I slept until noon on Sunday. I completely needed it. So here's the last of my Yemen Trip Pictures.

These first ones are from Dar Al Hajar. Imam Yahya built this palace as a summer residence in the 1930s. Now it's just used for visitors/tourists but it still stands as the image of what Yemen looks like.




Here's a few pictures of the magnificent views from up on top of the 'summer home'.




A lady came to the center one night and I got henna on my feet. It was pretty cool. And it actually stays for a really long time on me. She was able to do it so quickly too. Both feet were done in about 20 minutes. Here's a couple pictures of what it looked like.



And here's a few pictures of Old Sana'a. Old Sana'a is my absolute favorite part of Sana'a. It's just so amazing and it's about as close to time travel as anyone can get.

Just your average, everyday brass store.
This is a Camel-Mill. The camel is blind folded and walking around in circles grinding sesame seeds into oil.
Just some neighborhood kids.

No comments: